Considerations For Remote Teaching

Since March 2020, ACTFL started offering numerous resources to help language instructors prepare for remote teaching (click here for more information). ACTFL also started offering free webinars. These webinars are typically conducted by experienced, exceptional and innovative language educators. Each webinar lasts typically for one hour and most of them include time for Q&A. Attending these webinars is always a great source of learning form and engaging with fellow educators. However, it might not always be possible to do so for countless reasons. Time is one of these reasons.

As I attend some of these webinars, I thought it might be useful to keep track of some of the key recommendations that were offered by these language educators. I use the list as a reference that I go back to in the process of preparing for future classes. In the spirit of sharing and with hopes to save some time I created the infographic below which features some of these points. It can be a great place to start class preparation process. To learn more, and to access some of these webinars you can got to ACTFL’s official channel of YouTube.